This is a repeating eventapril 10, 2018 6:00 pm
SCTAC Rides - Every Tuesday, 6 to 8 p.m. Please join the Greenville Spinners Bicycle Club. Official SCTAC rides are for members only. Do your part by joining so that you share
SCTAC Rides – Every Tuesday, 6 to 8 p.m.
Please join the Greenville Spinners Bicycle Club. Official SCTAC rides are for members only. Do your part by joining so that you share the cost of the lease for beautiful lot, porta johns, police officers and other expenses associated with these great events. Do the right thing. Support your fellow cyclists.
Our SCTAC Tuesday evening rides start at 6:00 pm and feature a ride for most speed ranges. Our C rides (country road rides) are non-competitive group rides. In our country route group ride will follow all SC state motor vehicle laws. We do not run stop signs or red lights. We regroup at these places and let all cyclist drink and refuel if needed. We have signs indicating the different speed groups (described below). Five to to ten minutes before 6:00 pm, find your speed group and get ready for a great ride. Each group has experienced ride leaders that escort each group on their course.
The speed and distances are as follows
- Our bridge group introduces cyclist to riding on the road in a group environment. This group rides at an average speed of 12 to 13 mph over an 18 mile course that does have a few hills. This is for cyclist that normally ride on the Swamp Rabbit Trail but want to ride in a group and gain fitness, speed and improve their cycling abilities.
- Our 14 mph group is the next step up. They ride a course that is 22 miles long and has some rolling hills.
- Our 15 mph group rides a course that is 30 miles long and has short and longer hills.
- Our 17 and 19 mph groups are for more advanced cyclist and they ride the same 30 mile course.
- Our 21 mph group is for very advanced cyclist.
If you want to put your racing kit on we do have an A and B group that rides Perimeter Road at SCTAC for several laps in a race environment. This is only for cyclist with advanced cycling skills. You will start at 6 p.m. from the new Spinners’ parking area. Police support will be on hand. There is a $5.00 fee per cyclist for the A and B race groups.
(Tuesday) 6:00 pm EST
South Carolina Technology and Aviation Center (SCTAC)
642 Perimeter Road, Greenville, SC 29605